Adding a new feature
To implement the thrusters
- Move the player at an increased rate when the ‘Left Shift’ key is pressed down
- Reset back to normal speed when the ‘Left Shift’ key is released
- Activate and Deactivate the thruster visual with the
Looks like I need a new variable for the new speed amount, the speed, and I also need to know if the player has a thrusters visual. I will also have to modify the Set Move Direction method in the Player Behavior. To use the Left Shift Key I will use the Fire 3 from the input manager.
I Check to see if the Fire 3 Button is pressed. If it is:
- I check to see if Has Thrusters Visual if it does I set the Thrusters Visual to Active.
- I set the Thruster Speed to Thruster Speed Amount
I check to see if the Fire 3 Button is released. If it is:
- I check to see if Has Thrusters Visual if it does I set the Thrusters Visual to Not Active.
- I set the Thruster Speed to
I add the Thruster Speed X to the Boost Speed then multiply that amount by the Input on the Horizontal axis.
I add the Thruster Speed Y to the Boost Speed then multiply that amount by the Input on the Vertical axis.
I set the Thruster Game Object in the Inspector on the Player Prefab.
When I run the Game Notice that the Thrusters are displayed.
To Fix this problem I deactivated the thrusters visual in the Start Method after I set the Has Thruster Visual